As part of the June 11-12, 2018 ITAR Defense Trade Controls Seminar in Washington DC, John Boscariol (McCarthy Tétrault) will present on a number of issues specific to Canadian companies and how they are impacted by United States regulations. Compliance issues and possible conflicts will be identified and practical advice for compliance will be addressed.
Topics To Be Discussed:
- The impact of new sanctions policies under the Trump Administration on the interaction of US and Canadian trade controls
- How do key differences in US and Canadian sanctions administration and enforcement affect your operations?
- How does Canada control the export of US-origin goods and technology?
- “Damned if you do, damned if you don’t”: Navigating conflicting US and Canadian laws on trade with Cuba
- How can you comply with both US EAR deemed export/re-export rules and Canadian employment and human rights laws?
- Continuing challenges in the interaction of ITAR and Canada’s Defence Production Act (Controlled Goods Regulations)