Nick is a Director in the Indirect Tax practice in Brussels and leads the customs and global trade automation team. The customs and global trade automation team provides companies and public bodies with support and advice, on a worldwide basis, in respect of technology solutions for Tax and accounting.
Nick focuses on support and advice regarding global trade solutions and has built-up a lot of expertise regarding SAP (including SAP GTS, SAP FT, SAP IS-OIL and SAP Beverage). Nick and his team supported multiple multinationals in the set-up of international trade processes in ERP. In this respect, Nick assisted clients with the set-up of the following processes in the ERP environment:
- Import/export declaration processes (paper based and electronic)
- Customs regimes such as bonded warehousing, inward and outward processing relief and processing under customs control
- Excise warehousing and excise reporting
- Preferential origin determination
- Export controls, embargo screening and denied party list screening
- Intrastat and VAT processes.
During the 14 years of experience in Indirect Tax of which 10 years in global trade solutions, Nick was able to combine tax technical skills with ERP implementation experience. As such, Nick has led mixed teams of tax/business resources and ERP consultants during the implementation of the ERP processes.
Education and Professional Certifications
Nick has a master of Economics, as well as a master of Tax law at the Catholic University of Leuven.