Midyear Update on U.S. Export Controls
Developments in export controls in the first half of 2020
Upon purchase, an email will be sent with login details. A few days after the live webinar, you will receive an email with a link to view the recording, a copy of the presentation, and a certificate of completion. Access to view the webinar recording will be available for one year from the purchase date.
Want to be brought current on developments in export controls over the past six months in only 90 minutes? ECTI’s got you covered.
The last few months have been disruptive for all of us. But that hasn’t stopped federal agencies from implementing an array of new and amended rules. Now’s a good time to take a breath and catch up on changes to the Export Administration Regulations and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. You will leave this webinar with valuable insight into the last six months of developments, the ability to cut through the “clutter” to what is essential, and what NEW questions need to be asked to protect YOUR organization.
Topics will include:
- Export Control Reform for firearms, ammunition, etc. in USML Categories I, II, and III
- Additional EAR controls affecting Russia and Yemen
- Expansion of military end use / user restrictions for China, Russia, and Venezuela
- Elimination of License Exception CIV
- Expansion to the direct product rule for certain Entity List parties
- Huawei and other notable updates to restricted parties lists
- New export controls on personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Temporary pandemic-related modifications to ITAR rules and registration fees
- New ITAR exclusion for encrypted technical data
- Latest DDTC guidance on 126.4 exemption and US persons abroad
- DDTC’s new licensing system DECCS
- A look ahead on License Exception APR, de minimis, emerging and foundational technologies, and more
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings nearly 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients. Each registrant, even if unable to attend, will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion, speaker contact information for follow-up questions, and access to the webinar recording a few days after the webinar airs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendee questions.
Speaker Bio: Scott Gearity is President of ECTI, Inc, with substantial experience in military, dual-use, and commercial export controls. His clients have ranged in size from small start-ups to some of the world’s largest companies, with a particular focus on the information technology, telecommunications, networking, and software industries. Mr. Gearity joined ECTI from Microsoft Corporation, where he was based in Ireland and managed the company’s export compliance program for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. He continues to advise many non-US companies affected by US export controls. Mr. Gearity holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in international studies and economics from American University. He is a licensed US customs broker.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.
Date & Time
July 15, 2020
1:00 PM EDT
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
1 Participant: $195.00
2-5 Participants: $146.25 each
(25% discount for all participants)
6 or more Participants: $97.50 each
(50% discount for all participants)
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits