- This event has passed.
Live Webinar: Unexpected Visitors: When BIS “Stops By”
November 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$195
Outreach is a major component of the BIS compliance strategy. But is there more than meets the eye when your friendly neighborhood federal law enforcement officer drops in unannounced? Before you panic, join former BIS agent Donald Pearce who will explain the various federal agencies who may drop in, and break down the best strategies for accommodating the outreach visit.
In this webinar, you will learn how the whole-of-government approach to export controls has led to an increased reliance on industry contacts and outreach visits, not just by BIS, but across the interagency. We will discuss the types of visits you may encounter, who should attend the meeting, what information should be provided, and strategies for information sharing to keep you and your company compliant and cooperative.
• Identify the agencies conducting outreach, and the approaches employed
• Establish a game plan for visits, both expected and unannounced
• Understand the rights and responsibilities of individuals and companies when dealing with law enforcement
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video and commentary from Donald Pearce, who has over 30 years of customs and strategic trade control experience. Each registrant, even if unable to attend, will have access to the presentation, certificate of completion, speaker contact information for follow-up questions, and access to the webinar recording within 24 hours after the webinar airs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendee questions.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Air Date & Time
November 18, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits