- This event has passed.
Webinar: Midyear Update on U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions 2021
June 30 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$195
Want to be brought current on developments in export controls over the first half of 2021 in only 90 minutes? ECTI’s got you covered.
2021 brings a new presidential administration to Washington. That means new policy directions in some areas, but surprising (to some!) continuity in others. The executive transition has not stopped the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) from implementing an array of new and amended rules. Now is a good time to take a breath and catch up on changes to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and OFAC sanctions programs. You will leave this webinar with valuable insights into the previous six months of developments, the ability to cut through the clutter to what is essential, and an understanding of new regulatory requirements your organization must address.
Topics will include:
- Expansion of EAR military end use and user restrictions, including the new Military End User List
- Expanded Russia sanctions
- The end of Hong Kong’s special status
- The impact of Country Group adjustments for Cyprus, Mexico, and Ukraine
- Notable changes to the Entity List, Unverified List, and MEU List
- Burma sanctions developments
- Modifications to encryption controls
- Wassenaar Arrangement-driven amendments to the Commerce Control List
- Relaxation of controls on Sudan
- Expansion of EAR-based U.S. person restrictions with military-intelligence end uses and end users
- Additional CCL revisions
- Implications of Russia’s addition to the list of ITAR prohibited countries
- CAATSA sanctions targeting Turkey’s defense industry
- DDTC’s updated Canada guidance
- Major new or amended OFAC sanctions regulations for Hong Kong, Russia, Burma, Somalia, and more
- Chinese Communist Military Company sanctions program
- What to watch for as the Biden Administration continues
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings nearly 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients. Each registrant, even if unable to attend, will have access to the presentation, certificate of completion, speaker contact information for follow-up questions, and access to the webinar recording within 24 hours after the webinar airs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendee questions.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Air Date & Time
June 30, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits