Live Webinar: 2023: The Export Control Year in Review
December 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$195
As 2023 comes to a close, join us on a holiday adventure for all ages as we recount the year’s ITAR, EAR, and OFAC joys and sorrows, and contemplate what lies ahead. Imagine It’s a Wonderful Life, with ECTI as your guardian angel, and Russian illicit procurement networks standing in for Mr. Potter.
Now is a good time to take a breath and catch up on changes to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions programs. You will leave this webinar with valuable insights into 2023’s developments, the ability to cut through the clutter to what is essential, and an understanding of new regulatory requirements your organization must address.
Topics will include:
• Revisions to the U.S. Munitions List
• DDTC’s new compliance risk matrix
• Revised and expanded compliance program guidelines
• Modified and extended reexport/retransfer open general licenses
• Changes to Australia, Canada, and UK exemptions
• Latest on U.S. persons abroad
• Proposed carve-out of certain reexports and retransfers from ITAR controls
• Further tightening of sanctions and export controls on Russia
• BIS, OFAC, and plurilateral anti-diversion guidance for compliance with Russia sanctions
• Latest semiconductor and computing rules for Chinese industry
• Additional nuclear nonproliferation controls on China
• New and modified ECCNs under multilateral regimes and more
• Additional EAR restrictions targeting Iran
And, as if that weren’t enough, whatever else happens between when you read this and the webinar! Join in for the very last (export control) word in 2023.
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings nearly 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients. Each registrant, even if unable to attend, will have access to the presentation, certificate of completion, speaker contact information for follow-up questions, and access to the webinar recording 1-2 business days after the webinar airs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendee questions.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Air Date & Time
December 13, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET
1 hour 30 minutes
Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q&A session
ECoP® EAR or ITAR Renewal Credits