ECTI ECoP® Certification Terms & Conditions
ECTI Certified Export Compliance Professional™
- You must first attend an ECTI qualifying live seminar course or e-seminar course to qualify for Export Compliance Professional (ECoP®) Certification. Click here for qualifying courses.
- After you have attended an ECTI live course you will be emailed the ECoP® test and answer sheet. You will have 60 days from the receipt of your test to complete and return the test to ECTI. If you have purchased an ECTI e-Seminar your ECoP® test and answer sheet will be attached to your confirmation email. You will have 240 days to complete and return the test to ECTI.
- You must complete the test on your own. You may not consult with, or receive assistance from, any other person. To answer the questions you may use seminar manuals, regulations, internet or other resources other than a person.
- You must get 85% or more of the questions correct to pass the test.
- You will be notified via email of your test score and pass/fail status within 15 days of returning your answer sheet.
- If you do not pass, we will tell you which question(s) you missed but we will not provide the correct answers. You have 30 days from receipt of your results of your first test to take the test again, one time, at no extra charge. Additional testing beyond that will be at $100.00 per test.
- You are responsible for keeping a copy of your test and answers. Please send the answer sheet only.
- It is your responsibility to read each question carefully and thoroughly. Many of the questions require a great deal of thought and analysis. Because the regulations are complicated and real life situations may be complex, some of the questions are complicated and complex. As you know, the answer to a question may hinge on one word. Some of the questions are intentionally difficult to give you a chance to demonstrate your expertise and ability to research, analyze, and understand the regulations.
- You must read each question and answer choice literally. The questions and answer choices include enough details for you to choose the correct answer for each question. You will find the details in the answer choices are key to knowing the correct answer to a specific question. Generally speaking, we cannot provide you with additional facts or guidance to help with answering questions. If you have specific issues with a particular question which you feel makes that item impossible to answer, you may alert us by attaching a short description of your question to the answer sheet.
- Certification Period: Your ECoP® certification is valid for 2 years from the date you submit the passing ECoP® test if a passing score is achieved within the testing windows specified below. If a passing score extends beyond these testing windows for any reason, your certification validity dates will be as follows:
- LIVE SEMINAR (3 month testing window): If the date of your achieving a passing score on the ECoP® test extends beyond 3 months from the end of your training seminar, your certification period will begin on the date that is 3 months from the end of the training and will be valid for a period of 2 years from that date.
- e-SEMINAR (9 month testing window): If the date of your achieving a passing score on the ECoP® test extends beyond 9 months from the purchase date of your e-Seminar, your certification period will begin on the date that is 9 months from that purchase date and will be valid for a period of 2 years from that date. The extended testing window for e-Seminars is to allow for the 6 month viewing period for this type of training.
- You must renew your certification before it expires. In the event that your ECoP® certification expires you must attend a relevant ECTI course and retake the test.
- Due to privacy and legality reasons we cannot release any information regarding tests to anyone other than the test taker unless written notice is provided to ECTI from the test taker, authorizing specific persons access to their information.
- Click here to view renewal options.