By: Brooke Driver
Source: Material and Contract Services, LLC (Southern California)
Material and Contract Services, LLC, the leading supply chain solutions provider has an excellent career opportunity for an Export Compliance Manager. The defense contractor is located in Southern California and offers excellent benefit programs and outstanding opportunity to grow and expand. The company is seeking individuals with 7 + years of career experience within the Traffic and Logistic field and current knowledge of export compliance and export/customs regulations and air and ocean freight. Candidates must have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Salary level up to $95K, DOE.
- Lead and coordinate the administration of export licenses (e.g., DSP-5, DSP-73, DSP-61 and TAA) for the Department of State and Department of Commerce.
- Identify export issues, develop solutions and provide guidance to management on resolving issues to support business objectives while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations and internal policies.
- Act as an Empowered Official regarding licensing and compliance issues.
- Interface with internal management and employees of all levels, as well as external customers and regulatory officials.
- Prepare international shipping documentation and coordinate shipments to foreign customers and international trade shows.
- Develop and coordinate internal compliance training; conduct regulatory compliance audits and develop and maintain associated databases, reports and documentation.
- Manage company compliance with regulatory and internal policy requirements relating to export licensing, exemption usage and recordkeeping.
- Prepare requests for commodity jurisdictions and advisory opinions and general correspondence.
- Ensure all products and parts are properly classified.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Expert understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and related processes.
- Familiar with US Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and SNAP a plus.
- Experience in dealing with entities such as embassies and consulates, and international brokers / freight forwarders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle sensitive data.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, with MS Office Applications: Word, Excel, PP.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of export administration experience with an aerospace firm, defense contractor or government entity.
Resumes to Dan P. Plute at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 925-460-3971 if you have questions.