On June 24, 2019 the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) added the following five entities to the Entity List (located under the destination of China):
- Chengdu Haiguang Integrated Circuit, including two aliases (Hygon and Chengdu Haiguang Jincheng Dianlu Sheji);
- Chengdu Haiguang Microelectronics Technology, including two aliases (HMC and Chengdu Haiguang Wei Dianzi Jishu);
- Higon, including five aliases (Higon Information Technology, Haiguang Xinxi Jishu Youxian Gongsi, THATIC, Tianjing Haiguang Advanced Technology Investment, and Tianjing Haiguang Xianjin Jishu Touzi Youxian Gongsi);
- Sugon, including nine aliases (Dawning, Dawning Information Industry, Sugon Information Industry, Shuguang, Shuguang Information Industry, Zhongke Dawn, Zhongke Shuguang, Dawning Company, and Tianjin Shuguang Computer Industry);
- Wuxi Jiangnan Institute of Computing Technology, including two aliases (Jiangnan Institute of Computing Technology and JICT).
This final rule implements the decision of the ERC to modify one existing entry, NUDT, which was added to the Entity List under the destination of China on February 18, 2015 (80 FR 8527). BIS is modifying the existing entry National University of Defense Technology (NUDT) to add one alias (Hunan Guofang Keji University) and four locations.
Additional license requirements on, and limits the availability of most license exceptions for, exports, reexports, and transfers (in-country) to the above listed entities. The license review policy for each listed entity is identified in the ‘‘License review policy’’ column on the Entity List, and the impact on the availability of license exceptions is described in the relevant Federal Register notice which can be found at: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-06-24/pdf/2019-13245.pdf
Savings Clause: Shipments of items removed from eligibility for a License Exception or export or reexport without a license (NLR) as a result of this regulatory action that were en route aboard a carrier to a port of export or reexport, on June 24, 2019, pursuant to actual orders for export or reexport to a foreign destination, may proceed to that destination under the previous eligibility for a License Exception or export or reexport without a license (NLR).