CCL Classification: Technical Data/Technology and Software Webinar
Recorded August 29, 2012
CCL Training for Your Classifications Team
Many companies use a team of regulatory experts and engineers to figure out classifications on the complex and long Commerce Control List. ECTI is happy to offer the perfect training for companies who want to make sure they are getting their classifications right. You could study the CCL for hours and then share what you have learned, or you could just sign up the people who help do classifications for one or both of our 90 minute webinars.
This webinar is specially designed to
- Give you an in-depth explanation of how the CCL works
- Point out often-overlooked key elements of the CCL
- Illustrate proven methods and internal procedures for doing classifications
Classifying your products and technologies can be a complex and difficult task, but it's hard to get compliance right if you get this wrong.
John Black has worked with many companies in a wide range of industries to help them classify their technical data, technology and software in his 27+ years as an export compliance expert. In this webinar, he will use his experience to show you the critical elements of determining the proper ECCN. He will highlight key areas of the CCL and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) that you may have never noticed, even though they may play decisive roles in determining the ECCN for your technical data/technology and software.
The webinar will address these and other issues:
- Classifying technology and technical data
- Classifying software, both source and object code
- Recognizing cases where different controls apply to source vs. object code
- Understanding the General Technology Note and key EAR definitions
- Finding ECCNs that impose strict controls on technology for uncontrolled products
- Finding the sometimes thin line between controlled and uncontrolled technical data/technology
- Understanding “Publicly Available”
- Setting up your team to classify technical data/technology and software
- Considering options for short-cut approaches to compliant classifications
- Implementing common sense company procedures for classifications
- Choosing practical and effective tools for making classifications easier and more accurate
This study of the complex regulations that impact classifications will put you well on your path to doing a better job with your classifications. Knowing more about how to do classifications might not make your life easier, but it should make your exports more compliant.
This seminar, and the CCL Classification: Hardware and Materials Webinar (Recorded August 22, 2012), are the two webinars in the Classification Webinar Power Pack.
The CCL Classification: Technical Data/Technology and Software Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes, and include video and commentary from John Black who has been working in the export controls industry for 27 years.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes (Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q & A session)
Cost: $150 per person (additional employees from the same company/facility $50 each up to 2 employees)
Register for the CCL Classification: Technical Data/Technology and Software Webinar Recording Only
Register for the CCL Classification Power Pack and Save $50!
**Contact us for special payment arrangements.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.