CCL Classification: Hardware and Materials Webinar
Recorded August 22, 2012
CCL Training for Your Classifications Team
Many companies use a team of regulatory experts and engineers to figure out classifications on the complex and long Commerce Control List. ECTI is happy to offer the perfect training for companies who want to make sure they are getting their classifications right. You could study the CCL for hours and then share what you have learned, or you could just sign up the people who help do classifications for one or both of our 90 minute webinars.
This webinar is specially designed to
- Give you an in-depth explanation of how the CCL works
- Point out often-overlooked key elements of the CCL
- Illustrate proven methods and internal procedures for doing classifications
Classifying your products and technologies can be a complex and difficult task, but it's hard to get compliance right if you get this wrong.
John Black has classified well over 100,000 items in his 27+ years as an export compliance expert. In this webinar, he will use his expertise to show you the critical elements of determining the proper ECCN. He will highlight key areas of the CCL and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) that you may have never noticed, even though they may play decisive roles in determining the ECCN for your items.
The webinar will also address these and other issues:
- Classifying equipment
- Classifying parts, components, and assemblies
- Classifying raw materials, chemicals and semi-finished items
- Often overlooked aspects of the CCL that determine many classifications
- Using the EAR Interpretations
- Avoiding common classification mistakes
- Obtaining classification information from your suppliers and vendors
- Who in your company should do classifications
- Common sense company procedures for classifications
- Practical and effective tools for making classifications easier and more accurate
This study of the complex regulations that impact classifications will put you well on your path to doing a better job with your classifications. Knowing more about how to do classifications might not make your life easier, but it should make your exports more compliant.
This webinar, and the CCL Classification: Technical Data/Technology and Software Webinar, are the two webinars in the Classification Webinar Power Pack.
The CCL Classification: Hardware and Materials Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and notes, and include live video and commentary from John Black who has been working in the export controls industry for 27 years.
**Recordings of the webinar will be made available at no-charge to registrants along with a copy of the presentation and certificate of completion.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes (Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q & A session)
Cost: $150 per person (additional employees from the same company/facility $50 each up to 2 employees)
Register for the CCL Classification: Hardware and Materials Webinar Only
Register for the CCL Classification
Power Pack and Save $50!
**Contact us for special payment arrangements.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.