Instructional Series: DSP-5 Webinar
Recorded August 8 , 2012
Instructional Series: How to Prepare the Form DSP-5 License Application
Join us for this first in an occasional series of instructional webinars focused on the nuts and bolts of export compliance, as we tackle the most common US export license application type, the Department of State's DSP-5. If you are exporting hardware or technical data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), odds are you will eventually have a need to complete this form. Do it right you will save time, money and aggravation. Do it wrong and you risk additional costs, lost time and customer dissatisfaction.
- When do I need a DSP-5 as opposed to an agreement or other authorization type?
- How do I gain access to DTrade, the State Department's online licensing system?
- Who may prepare, sign and submit a license application?
- What goes in each of the application blocks?
- What are some common pitfalls that can be avoided?
- Which support documents must be submitted with my application?
- What is unique about applications for the export of technical data?
- How can I use a DSP-5 to obtain a marketing license?
- How do I use the DSP-5 to request permission to employ a foreign person on an ITAR-controlled program?
Our Instructional Series: DSP-5 Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who has been bringing over a decade of consulting, training and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients.
**Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes (Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q & A session)
Cost: $150 per person (additional employees from the same company/facility $50 each up to 2 employees)
Register for the DSP-5 Instructional Webinar Recording:
**Contact us for special payment arrangements.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.