Comprehending Cloud Computing Webinar
Recorded April 18, 2012
Export Controls and Cloud Computing: Is the sky really falling?
The emergence of “cloud computing” services has people in the export compliance community scratching their heads over the export control implications for service providers and users, but are the issues really new? This webinar will break down the issues in light of current US Government rules. Topics to be covered:
- What working definition of Cloud Computing should be used as a starting point to evaluate the impact of export controls?
- How to identify “parties to an export transaction” in a Cloud Computing environment
- Who is responsible for compliance in the Cloud?
- Regulatory and jurisdictional boundaries
- What has the US Government said when asked about Cloud services and export controls?
- Review of the Bureau of Industry and Security advisory opinions
- Are new regulations on the horizon?
- Best practices for compliance in the Cloud environment for service providers and users
Our Comprehending Cloud Computing Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include video and commentary from Felice Laird, who has over twenty years experience helping companies comply with the US Export Administration and International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
**Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes (Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q & A session)
Cost: $150 per person (additional employees from the same company/facility $50 each up to 2 employees)
Register for the Comprehending Cloud Computing Webinar Recording:
**Contact us for special payment arrangements.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.