Analyzing Asia-Pacific Export Controls Webinar
Recorded May 9, 2012
With great trade, comes great responsibility . . . especially in the Asia-Pacific. Many know of the skyrocketing trade and technology transfer to, from, and through the Asia-Pacific, but did you know that export controls in the region are also taking flight and can have a direct impact on your business and daily work? Whether you’re a company compliance officer, strategic planner, sales and marketer, logistics manager, engineer, or purchaser for a company with any Asia-Pacific business or interests, or you’re a service provider to such companies, the time to familiarize yourself with export controls in the region is now! Which countries have export controls? Are their control lists the same as the US CCL or EU “Dual-Use List”? Under what circumstances do they require licenses for transfers of dual-use technology? What about transits and transshipments? They don’t have the equivalent of OFAC regulations do they? You may have a handle on Japan, Singapore, and China, but what about Korea, Malaysia, and Taiwan? If these are some of your questions, this webinar can help you find the answers!
Our Analyzing Asia-Pacific Export Controls webinar will provide both a regional overview and country-specific information on the export control developments in and compliance considerations for this critical commercial region. In so doing, the Webinar will include the following topics:
- Key similarities and differences among Asia-Pacific export control systems, especially in terms of item control lists and classification;
- A comprehensive list of regional export control licensing agencies and how to approach them;
- Controls and requirements for transits and transshipments through the region’s major shipping hubs;
- How transfers of controlled technology are licensed in the region;
- Bulk and expedited licensing programs available in the region;
- Special focus on export controls in Korea, Malaysia, and Taiwan, leaders among the world’s “Emerging Markets”;
- Strategies for developing regional export control compliance programs; and,
- What is on the export control “horizon” in the Asia-Pacific?
Our Analyzing Asia-Pacific Export Controls Webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include video and commentary from Jay Nash, who specializes in non-US trade controls and compliance.
**Each registrant will receive a copy of the presentation, certificate of completion and access to the webinar recording.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes (Comprised of 1 hour of commentary and 30 minute Q & A session)
Cost: $150 per person (additional employees from the same company/facility $50 each up to 2 employees)
Register for the Asia-Pacific Export Controls Webinar Recording:
**Contact us for special payment arrangements.
- Internet (broadband recommended)
- Speakers/headset is required to hear the presentation (telephone call-in option not available)
- Access to your computer to install a small plug-in required by the webinar software
- SEE FULL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS AND ACCESS REQUIRED DOWNLOADS
Please read the Webinar Terms and Conditions before you register.